Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day

I imagined this Mother's Day to be a peaceful day ending in a nice dinner with my mom and step dad and Martha and Dennis. The kids would be so helpful, and Dallas would be doting on me all day. And then I woke up from my dream. In reality after church was over I got to deal with a nine year old who was pouting because she didn't get a candy bar like all the mom's, a twelve year old who wanted to talk about going to Lagoon this weekend, trying to make sure the house was ready for company, and my loving husband having to go into work. DJ and Ramos tore off their clothes and refused to get dressed again, and my stepbrother sliced his finger so badly that he had to have three layers of stitches! So mom came without Geoff, and he came after making sure Geoffy was okay and safe at home with his mom. It still turned out to be a nice evening, if a bit hectic. Dallas made dinner before he left, and it was delicious. When everyone had arrived we enjoyed our meal and then played a game and watched a movie. It just goes to show that a chaotic Mother's Day is better than a dream Mother's Day anytime. At least that is what I will keep telling myself.

0 comments: