Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One year older!

Well, it is official. I am now into my thirties, there is no going back. I remember thinking thirty-something was pretty old, but not so much now! I had a pretty fun weekend. Friday I coached Savannah's soccer team, because Dallas had to work. Afterwards, Savannah, DJ and I met up with Dallas at the rodeo and enjoyed some bull riding and calf roping. DJ loves the rodeo and was so excited to be there. We stopped for dinner on the way home, and then watched TV for awhile before hitting the sack.

Saturday was my big day and I started by taking Dallas into work for some Future Soldiers activity.Then I headed to Target for Mackenzie's Twilight movie, and got some Krispie Kreme's for everyone before heading home again. At about Two I went to pick up Dallas and we hit up Costco for some things for dinner that night, and I dropped Dallas at home and went shopping! By myself! With no children! I got to actually look at things without being bombarded with questions or having to say, "Put that down. Don't touch that!" a million times.I visited three different bookstores and picked up a book from each store. When I got home the house was picked up a little and Dallas was making Chinese food for dinner. Dallas' dad came by with my niece and nephew and brought some flowers and after dinner I took a bubble bath and read a book. It was a wonderful day.

Sunday we had shortened meetings at church because of the Draper Temple dedication. After church we dropped the kids off at Nena's house and headed to Layton to meet up with my family for my birthday dinner. It was a fun night and I enjoyed being able to sit and talk with everyone.

The big news however, is that Dallas made the E-7 promotion list,which means that sometime in the next year he will be promoted to Seargent First Class. We were not expecting this at all, because he has only been in the Army for seven years, and he wasn't able to finish his I Love Me book because of DJ's accident. not only that, but he may be released from recruiting duty early due to other jobs available and too many recruiters in the field, which means a move for us. We have no concrete information yet, so we are keeping with our plans as they are right now, but I am definitely starting to go through the house and get rid of things we don't need or want anymore. I only hope he gets the promotion before we move, because we need the extra weight allowance!

0 comments: