Friday, January 16, 2009

And we're home!!

Okay, so I have had much better days in my life, but on the other hand I have also had much worse. It's always fun when you go to the doctor's office and your doctor is on vacation and the other doctors are just looking at you and saying," We're not really sure what to do here." They did all put their heads together and come up with a plan, though, for which I am truly grateful. And luckily it did not involve another surgery which would have landed DJ in the hospital for another week. They took him down to Radiology, where after taking about half an hour to come up with a contraption to recover the string, place a new string/tube and a new g-tube, they sedated him, did an esophagram, and placed everything where it needed to be. It will at least get us to our appointment with Dr. Black on Wednesday where he can look at it all and see if it will work for what we need. If I never have to see and do something like this again I will be happy. I would like to take this time to thank the Army for training my husband in Combat Life Saving because he was calm enough in this situation to be able to place the Foley catheter into the hole in DJ's stomach while I was freaking out inwardly and trying to keep DJ calm outwardly. You never know what life is preparing you for.

1 comments:

The Lindsey Family said...

That would be so scary! Just seeing Ali and Live with IV's and PIC lines in them and the spinal tap freaked me out. I'm glad that he is doing better! Please let me know if I can do anything. :)