Monday, September 28, 2009

Treading Water

I am so frustrated with the lack of progress being made in DJ's care. He went in today for a dilatation and ended leaving with a smaller esophageal opening then he did two weeks ago. I just feel like we have been treading water for the last ten months and that the doctor is perfectly fine with doing these procedures forever. He keeps talking about possibly doing surgery to remove the diverticulum, but then says he wants to wait to see if they will shrink on there own. It has been ten months and they have only gotten bigger. What more does he want! I want to do whatever we need to do to get DJ better, but I don't want to have to wait until it gets to the point where they have to crack his chest and remove a portion of his esophagus. DJ ended up having three stitches in his nose because of the string, but we have to keep it in because his esophagus keeps closing because food is going into the diverticulum and not down his throat. Not only that , but he had to go in after surgery today and do an esophagram. Just what every four year old wants. Lets come out of anesthesia after having surgery and go down and drink some barium so we can have x-rays done. I know it needed to be done, but it still puts my baby is a room crying and telling everyone that he is scared and just wants to go home. It has just been a really hard day for me, which is probably not helped by the fact that I have been up since one a.m.

Well, I guess that is enough of a rant for now. I have to get dinner figured out and make sure Savannah finishes her homework before soccer practice tonight. Thanks for listening.TTFN.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

We will pray for you.

GypsyChique said...

Update!! How are things going with him now? All better yet?