Friday, March 26, 2010

Am I a grown up yet?

So this past weekend I got a little older. I am now 32 years old, and I must say that I am actually starting to feel like a grown up. At least I have for the last five minutes. I may feel completely different by the time I am finished with this entry.

The theme of the weekend was fun with the family. We drove up to Montgomery and visited the zoo there. We also had lunch and did a little shopping. Dallas and I went out for Italian Saturday night, and then Sunday was a wonderfully relaxing time in the nursery at church. I got to play with my favorite legos and my favorite nursery kids. :)It was a magnificent weekend.

Monday started my crazy week, which has included the book fair at both the Primary and Elementary schools, a PTA meeting, Kenzie's cheer leading tryouts, a trip to Birmingham for DJ, a trip to Montgomery for Kenzie, Relief Society birthday dinner, and will be topped off with the Young Women's General Conference with Kenzie tomorrow night. Somewhere in all of that I also got a couple of hours sleep.

DJ'a dilatation went well, but the doctor has given us some indication that he may need to go in and remove part of DJ's esophagus within the next month or two. Dallas and I new that this might happen, and at this point we are ready to do what needs to done for DJ to be able to heal completely. Doing dilations every two weeks for the rest of his life is not an option. When we get more information about the time and what is going to happen I will let everyone know. I know that we have received many blessings from all of the prayers and thoughts from our friends and family, and we truly are grateful for all of you.

Well, Savannah is waiting for me to take her to her sleepover, and by waiting I mean she is standing over my shoulder and staring annoyingly, so I had better go. TTFN

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I know you have your hands full but we will continue praying for you guys and you continue to keep us updated.

Spring Jones said...

I just have to say that Young Women's Conference was amazing, and that it has helped me make it through these last couple of weeks.