Sunday, April 11, 2010

Everything seems to be going backwards...

With DJ that is. The rest of life seems to be moving along rather smoothly. The girls are happy and active, Dallas is working and organizing, and I am trying to be patient and stay sane. Pretty normal for us.

I get very frustrated with DJ's doctor, and I am trying really hard to be more understanding, but it doesn't always work very well. This last week has been one of those times when I have not been very successful at being calm and understanding. They are discussing removing a portion of DJ's esophagus because they are not making progress with the dilations, and he can't have a dilation done every two weeks for the rest of his life. I knew that it might come to this at some point, so I was not surprised when the doctor brought this up. Our doctor in Utah had thought that it might be the case last year, but then we moved and had to start all over with a new doc. We were hoping to have a decision made this past week, but they are waiting awhile longer before they decide. He will go in for an esophagram next week and another dilation the following week. Maybe by then we will have more news. I doubt it though. Those of you that know me know that I like to have things planned and to be in control of as much as possible, thus my frustration at having absolutely no control over this situation. Apparently this is a lesson that I must learn, and I am not liking it one bit.

Mackenzie will be participating in the Miss Enterprise Junior High Pageant this month and has practices starting this week. I am hoping that she does well, but she doesn't listen to any advice I might have, so again another situation I have no control over. Do we sense a pattern here? I am thankful that she will listen to her Young Women leaders and other members in our family, so hopefully she will be prepared for this.

I am looking forward to spring break in a week. we are hoping to make a quick trip down to Destin and the beach for at least a day, and I think the girls are looking forward to sleeping in. It will be hard on DJ though, since he loves school so much and doesn't understand why they don't go every single day. I am certain that he will grow out of that feeling soon enough, so I will enjoy his love of school while I can. :)

1 comments:

Jenni said...

I understand the whole wanting to be in control of all aspects of life thing. I hate it when I have to have patience.