Monday, March 10, 2008

The weekend

We had a very nice weekend. Dallas had to work on Saturday, but that gave the girls and I a chance to get the den cleaned and ready for my brother to come and stay for a while. When he did get home we went out to the garden and started getting the soil ready for plants. The weather has been beautiful for the past few days, and I am definitely feeling a bit of spring fever.Mackenzie wants to take on the flower beds herself, and I have half a mind to let her. Savannah doesn't mind the gardening so much but would much rather be skateboarding or playing some sort of sport.Both girls have been taking tennis lessons and are really enjoying them. It will give them something else to do this summer when there is no school and they start to drive me nutty. Mackenzie gave her first talk in sacrament yesterday. She was soooo nervous, but she did a phenomenal job!(not that I am biased or anything) Martha and Dennis came to church with us to see her speak and then we all had lunch together after my choir practice. The rest of Sunday was spent just hanging out together as a family. Dallas has been working such crazy hours that it was a nice change. He will be out of town this weekend for training, but then he has a week of leave which coincides with the girls' Spring Break. I also got to talk to Irene and Erika on Sunday. I do miss our little get togethers and hanging out with them, but we are all going to try to get together sometime in the next few months. Erika refuses to come up while there is any chance of there being snow. I really can't blame her after our accident last year. Well, DJ wants me to do laundry, which means he wants me to go downstairs with him, so this is all for now.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

I love the quiet Sunday afternoons when everyone is getting along and minor stuff gets accomplished. It makes me feel like it was a good weekend. I had one of those too.