Friday, September 26, 2008

Savannah's a whole decade old!






Okay, so I am not the best at keeping you all informed, but lets face it, you love that about me!! Just one one the many things to love!!Anyway, Tuesday was Savannah's 10th birthday and we celebrated her wonderful journey into the world on Saturday the 20th. We had a big party with lots of family and a few friends. I had it all planned that we would be outside for everything, but it decided to rain ALOT so I changed the plan. I called my mom and asked her to bring a movie over that kept with the soccer theme of the party. I figured the kids could go down and watch the movie while the adults visited upstairs. Then the power went out in the neighborhood. Of course I was in the middle of baking the bases for the fruit pizzas and was concerned about what I was going to do with all of these people in the dark. Fortunately, the power graced us with its presence again and we were able to enjoy each other's company in the light!


Savannah had decided that instead of birthday cake this year she would rather have fruit pizza, so that is what I made. Dallas and my brother protested this, but is was not their birthday so they had to deal. We also were celebrating my nephew Jonathon's birthday and Martha's birthday, so we had three fruit pizzas. Savannah received a new football, soccer ball, magic set, gift card for the bookstore, an ipod, and Guitar Hero. The last item mentioned kept most people in the house up until the wee hours of the morning. I however was very sleepy and went straight to bed as soon as I sent everyone home. It was alot of fun, but I am glad that it will be a whole other year before I have to do it again! Oh wait, I have two other children don't I? Well, at least I get a couple of weeks before it begins again!!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Two good things about my girls are their birthdays are four days apart so we get all the festivities out of the way all at once. Second, they are getting old enough all they want is cash and it makes it a lot easier on me!

Spring Jones said...

I think I would be okay if Kenzie's birthday wasn't two weeks before Christmas! I can only hope that they will outgrow parties very soon.