Saturday, September 27, 2008

Relief Society Conference

I just returned from Salt Lake and the Relief Society General conference. It was absolutely wonderful. Our stake took buses up and it was fun to ride up with sisters from my ward and to get to know them better. The meeting was beautiful and I loved President Uchtdorf's talk the most. It was just what I needed to hear right now to get me through my rough patches. I am so thankful to my Father in Heaven for knowing exactly what I need and when. I have been feeling rather lonely lately, and this outing and meeting have filled me spiritually so that I can make it through for awhile longer. It was also amazing to stand and sing with around 20,000 other sisters and to hear the sound of our voices ringing through the conference center. The spirit was truly there tonight, and I am glad I was able to enjoy the evening with my fellow sisters in the church.For those of you who missed the broadcast or maybe just want to learn a little bit about what I am talking about, you can go to lds.org and download the meeting. It is worth the time.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

I'm so jealous that you were able to be there in person. I watched at our stake center and I thought it was wonderful and very filling.