Wednesday, October 29, 2008

We are halfway through the week and I still feel as if it is Monday! It is starting to get dark earlier and earlier and that throws me off completely! This week has been busier than usual, and it will just get crazier from here on out. The girls loved going to Lagoon with my aunt and uncle on Saturday. They went through the haunted houses and tons of rides. Savannah says they weren't that scary, and Mackenzie was freaked out a little by the clowns. She is not a big fan of clowns to begin with and when they are scary clowns for Halloween it makes it worse. I was able to get the house clean and I actually enjoyed about an hour and a half of absolute peace Saturday night. DJ went to bed at 6:30, Dallas had to work, the girls were gone and Ever and Ramos went off to a friends to carve pumpkins. I sat and atched a movie and worked on my singing time lesson for church the next day. It was wonderful. Sunday was the usual.We are getting ready for the primary program in a couple of weeks, so we practiced all of the songs and standing and sitting quietly without collapsing into our seats. It may not sound that difficult, but you try getting a group of kids ranging from 4 to 11 to all stand up and sit down at the same time and not make a ton of noise!My favorite part of the day was choir practice. We got to pull out the Christmas music and that is my favorite thing in the world. I love to sing in the Christmas program, and this year's music is going to be beautiful!





Monday was DJ dental appointment, and it went okay. He sat perfectly still and let them take x-rays and clean his teeth. The bad news is that he has some of the same problems with his mouth that Mackenzie had and has and it is going to cost and arm and two legs to fix. Tuesday was a fun day at school. The kids are getting very excited about Halloween, so my classroom was anything but quiet.Today is the party and I am going to try to remain calm and not worry too much about keeping everything right on time because I know we will run over, but it will probably still drive me a little nutty. Mackenzie went to the orthodontist yesterday and will be getting braces next week. She is thrilled to say the least.

1 comments:

Jenni said...

Isn't it amazing how much it costs to fix teeth?!