Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Soccer Parents

Okay, I am somewhat of a soccer mom. I admit it, I volunteer for things that have to do with soccer, I actively participate in soccer stuff, and I want my daughter to play well. However, I do not throw a fit if my daughter gets put on a different team than her friends from school. I am of the belief that meeting and interacting with new people is good for my child. It will help her grow as a person and it will help her be able to handle many different situations as she gets older. I am apparently the only parent in my child's school who who thinks this way. I am the age coordinator for Savannah's age group this year, and let me tell you, some of these parents need to cut the cord. I am trying to make up six teams and fill as many requests as I can, but I can't always do that, especially if no request was made on their registration. This has not stopped parents from calling repeatedly and complaining about teams. They want this girl, not that girl on their team, and they want this coach not that coach, even though the other coach is not coaching this year. They all have their opinions on how things should be done, yet none of them are volunteering to help the organization in any capacity.That frustrates me. It is kind of like the concept of If you didn't bother to Vote, you don't really have the right to complain about how the country is being run.Anyway, I just needed to vent a little and now I feel better. Hopefully this will all end when the first games start. One can only hope. TTFN

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I'd love to tell you that it gets better and the parents AND the girls continue to mature, but unfortunately that is not the case.
Wait until you are paying an arm and a leg for soccer and you have to try out for the teams and people are still acting a fool because of this, that and the other. It is insane!

Spring Jones said...

Ugh! She wants to get on a comp team, and I was hoping it wouldn't be quite so bad, since you try out for the team you want to be on, but I guess it was just wishful thinking.