Sunday, August 24, 2008

Where in the world is...?

Last night Dallas and I were able to go on an actual date that involved more than a quick meal and a movie. We attended a concert called Acappellastock here in Ogden. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it is basically several different acapella groups performing at one venue. I have a friend whose husband is in the group that hosts the concert every year and she hooked us up with tickets. There were some really awesome performers there like High Fidelity and TonicSolFa. The main event however was the group Rockapella, now being called XRP. You might remember that they sang the theme song for Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? The high schoolers next to us made me feel really old when they said," What show are they talking about? I have never heard of it?" The show was a blast and we both really enjoyed it. I think that Dallas was surprised that it was so much fun. I have a feeling that he was expecting three hours of Barbershop Quartets, and that wasn't the case at all.

Tomorrow the girls go back to school and I have a week to get everything in order again before I start working and DJ starts school. I am looking forward to some peace and quiet around the house again.TTFN

1 comments:

Jenni said...

That sounds like an awesome date night.